- 2.5 cups of water
- 1 tbsp tulsi tea leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, diced
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 4 tbsp raw unfiltered honey from hives managed without pesticides
- 1 lemon
- Boil the water,
- Add tea, ginger and cardamom and simmer for about 10mns
- Strain the tea into 2 cups
- Cool to 130F and add the juice of 1/2 lemon per cup
- add the honey and stir to dilute it
- Enjoy warm
- For a refreshing note, add some fresh mint leaves to your brew before straining.
This recipe was provided by Nathalie B. Nathalie has been passionate about beekeeping since a young age and now owns Bee Mindful, where she manages around 400 colonies in the greater Austin, TX area. She is a contributor to the “American Beekeeping Journal” and the founder of the World Bee Day Natural Beekeeping Webinar. She hosts the “Natural Beekeeping Corner” on the Hive Jive podcast. Additionally Nathalie is a director at the Texas Beekeepers Association and chairman of the non-profit organization Real Texas Honey.