- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 lb Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk or cream
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- Salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
- Torn parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter until bubbling and foamy. Add Italian sausage and break apart with a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring constantly, until sausage is mostly crumbled and browned in places, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Return pan to heat and add additional butter. Cook peppers until softened and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk until smooth. Stir in a pinch of salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Fold in cooked sausage and peppers, as well as sun dried tomatoes and ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
- Spray a 9×9” baking dish with cooking spray and pour in egg mixture. Add the ricotta cheese by the spoonful throughout the frittata. Top with additional cheese, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Top with roughly chopped parsley and enjoy.
This recipe was provided by Jasen Urena, vice president of NestFresh Eggs and New Barn Organics. NestFresh Eggs focuses on humane sustainable eggs from family farms with their pasture raised and heirloom eggs. New Barn Organics has Regenerative Organic Certified eggs, almond milk, and coconut milk. The plant based milks consist of basic and simple ingredients plus properly sourced almonds and coconuts.