- 1 cup organic white basmati rice
- 1 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 frozen shrimp, peeled, deveined, or chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp brown rice syrup or honey
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 cup yellow onions, diced
- 1 cup red bell peppers, thick slices
- 1 cup carrots, large pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 2 tbsp green onion for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger for garnish (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- Set Instant Pot to “Sauté”. Dice onion, slice red bell pepper, chop carrots. Mince garlic.
- Add coconut oil, garam masala, curry powder, and turmeric to Instant Pot. Stir frequently for two minutes.
- Add diced onion, red bell pepper, carrot, and minced garlic to the Instant Pot and sauté for an additional five minutes. Add tamari, brown rice syrup and vinegar and stir to incorporate.
- Add Lundberg Family Farms Organic White Basmati Rice, vegetable stock, and frozen shrimp to the vegetable mixture and stir for an additional minute.
- Pressure cook the rice mixture: Close the lid of the pressure cooker. Set the valve to “Sealing” and start the pressure cooker on “High” for 5 minutes. Once completed, let the pressure naturally release for another 5 minutes before quick-releasing the remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the lid, fluff the rice, garnish with green onions or pickled ginger and enjoy!
This recipe was provided by Brita & Bryce Lundberg of Lundberg Family Farms. Lundberg is an 85+ year old brand which has remained family owned and run. Bita & her father Bryce represent the current generations in the business. Brita is the communications manager while Bryce is the VP of agriculture. Brita & Bryce pride themselves with Lundberg’s sustainability practices, including their regenerative and organic certification and the duck rescue program.