November 14 is National Pickle Day. Bubbies, a favorite of mine for fermented kosher dill pickles, has recipes to incorporate pickles in your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert on the festive holiday. We conclude with the dessert. Peanut butter paired with Bubbies’ sweet bread & butter chips are wonderfully delicious. And in cupcakes, it’s moist, satisfying and an amazingly huge hit.
- 1 cup Bubbies bread & butter pickles, diced
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup of peanut butter
Cream Cheese Pickle Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp Bubbles bread & butter pickle juice
- 2 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your cupcake tray with liners or grease it thoroughly.
- Mix the egg together with ther butter, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Slowly add in flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Add the milk and sour cream, then mix until fully combined.
- Once the mixture is combined, add peanut butter and continue to mix until combined.
- Slowly add in Bubbies bread & butter chips and gently fold them into the batter.
- Fill each cupcake liner with approximately 2 tbsp of batter, or until each liner is 3/4 full
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until you are able to insert a toothpick into the cupcake and cleanly remove it.
- Allow cupcakes to cool for 15 minutes before frosting.
- While the cupcakes are baking, begin to make the frosting.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, and Bubbies bread & butter pickle juice and mix.
- Once it is well combined, slowly add in the confectionary sugar, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Continue to mix until frosting develops. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and garnish with a Bubbies pread & butter pickle.
- Store in an air-tight container in a cool area for 5 days.
This recipe was provided by Bubbies. Bubbies was founded in 1982 by Leigh Truex, who was making pickles as a hobby on the side. Her friends told her she should sell them commercially. In 1989, former bankers John & Kathy Gray purchased the company and turned it from a local favorite to the #1 refrigerator brand across the country. Bubbies is now part of Fermented Food Holdings, which owns several of brands offering high quality fermented and functional food products. Kosher dills are one of type of pickles Bubbies producers, along with various types of spicy dill and bread & butter pickles. Bubbies also a couple types of sauerkrauts, horseradish, and pickle relishes.