November 14 is National Pickle Day. Bubbies, a favorite of mine for fermented kosher dill pickles, has recipes to incorporate pickles in your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert on the festive holiday. We’re onto the dinner recipe now. Chicken wings marinated in Bubbies kosher dill pickle brine leaves for a crunchy, crispy and absolutely delicious party favorite. Made for Bubbies by SugarFace Bakes.
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 – 1 ½ cup Bubbies kosher dill pickle brine
- 1 lb of chicken wings
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbls Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbls chicken rub seasoning
- 1 tbls olive oil
- Place thawed wings into a resealable plastic bag. Add pickle brine and minced garlic and rub together.
- Place in refrigerator (laying flat) for 4-6 hours.
- After the allotted time, drain brine, remove wings and pat dry.
- Add oregano, smoked paprika, chicken rub seasoning and Cajun seasoning in a small bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Coat wings in olive oil and add dry rub spreading evenly on both sides.
- Set grill to 425°F.
- When grill reaches 425°F, place wings on grill, close grill lid and cook thoroughly (about 25-30 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes).
- When grilling is complete, remove from heat and enjoy with your favorite sides.
This recipe was provided by Bubbies. Bubbies was founded in 1982 by Leigh Truex, who was making pickles as a hobby on the side. Her friends told her she should sell them commercially. In 1989, former bankers John & Kathy Gray purchased the company and turned it from a local favorite to the #1 refrigerator brand across the country. Bubbies is now part of Fermented Food Holdings, which owns several of brands offering high quality fermented and functional food products. Kosher dills are one of type of pickles Bubbies producers, along with various types of spicy dill and bread & butter pickles. Bubbies also a couple types of sauerkrauts, horseradish, and pickle relishes.