As we approach the winter season, hot chocolate is a staple among many. Especially those who live in a cold climate. As a slight tweak on this traditional winter time drink, I propose having it with the added superfood collagen. Collagen is ripe with health benefits, including strong bones, anti-aging, and digestion. Plus it provides the essential amino acid of glycine. Chocolate and collagen go together so well that many of the collagen producers offer chocolate collagen powder blends. I’ve got a recipe to turn a chocolate collagen powder into a version of the classic hot chocolate. Add in some grass fed gelatin marshmallows and you’re incorporating even more collage in your diet.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp Primal Kitchen chocolate collagen powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extra
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- Sweet Apricity grass fed gelatin marshmallows
- Mix together milk, cream, cocoa powder, chocolate collagen powder, vanilla, extract, honey, and salt in a saucepan.
- Place saucepan on the stove at medium and heat. Continue stirring until cocoa begins to steam.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour into two mugs. Add in as many marshmallows as you’d like and serve.