- Farfalle (bow tie) or Radiatore (spiral) pasta
- Chicken breasts
- Cherry or sun dried tomatoes
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season and taste
- Pre-cook pasta and coat it with extra virgin olive oil to prevent sticking again.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and drizzle extra virgin olive oil all over it.
- Wash and dry chicken breasts and set them on the oil in the sheet tray.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and cook until done, usually 30 minutes.
- Allow chicken breasts to cool and then cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash and half cherry or sun dried tomatoes instead.
- Chop garlic cloves.
- Finely cut fresh basil leaves and set aside.
- Assemble the cooked pasta, cut the chicken breast, and toss in the tomatoes and garlic.
- Add ¼–½ cup of EVOO, and season to taste with an emphasis on a bit more salt than usual — it will enhance the flavor.
- Toss in the basil and mix.
- Allow to chill for a few hours and serve.
This recipe was provided by David Neuman. David is founder of the olive oil brand EVOOGuy.com and author of the book Extra Virgin Olive Oil: The Truth in Your Kitchen. His career in the specialty and natural foods industry began as a commis chef at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington D.C. David also worked for various high-end food retailers and the organic cereal company Nature’s Path before becoming president and partner of the olive oil company Lucini Italia.